Significant road closures, traffic delays expected for Clearwater’s 2nd Annual 3 Bridge Race
CLEARWATER, Fla. – Clearwater’s 2nd Annual Phil Doganiero 3 Bridge Race, presented by Frenchy’s, is scheduled to take place Saturday and will result in multiple road closures and traffic delays throughout Clearwater, Clearwater Beach and Belleair.
The Phil Doganiero 3 Bridge Race is a half marathon, 5k and 1-mile family and pet-friendly fun-run, which benefits Clearwater For Youth. The prize purse for this year’s half marathon and 5k is $25,000.
Registration is still open and anyone wishing to participate can do so by visiting http://www.3bridgerace.com up until Nov. 8, or in-person on Saturday morning at Coachman Park in Clearwater before the races.
Road closures and traffic delays can be expected as follows:
- Osceola Avenue from Court Street North to Drew Street is scheduled to be closed entirely to vehicle traffic from 6:45 a.m. until 10:45 a.m.
- Clearwater’s Memorial Causeway Bridge will be reduced to the outermost lanes for vehicle traffic. One westbound lane and one eastbound lane will remain open.
- Cleveland Street in downtown Clearwater is scheduled to be closed entirely to vehicle traffic from 6:55 a.m. until 11 a.m. between Osceola Avenue and Drew Street
- The Southbound lane of Indian Rocks Road in Belleair is scheduled to be closed from 7:30 a.m. until 10:30 a.m.
- Minor traffic delays can be expected to impact drivers transiting:
- Gulfview Boulevard along Clearwater Beach
- Clearwater Bridge(Sand Key Bridge) and along Gulf Boulevard to West Bay Drive
- Belleair Causeway
- Belleview Boulevard
- Druid Road South
- Oak Avenue
- Chestnut Street
About the Phil Doganiero 3 Bridge Half Marathon, 5K and 1M
The Phil Doganiero 3 Bridge Half Marathon, 5K, and 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk is an annual event focused on promoting athletic excellence and offering a family-friendly activity for those living in the Tampa Bay-area. Proceeds from the race help further the Clearwater For Youth mission that no child will be denied the ability to play in a sports program because of financial concerns. The half marathon course crosses over three iconic bridges in the Clearwater area, including the Memorial Causeway, Sand Key Bridge and Belleair Bridge.
About Clearwater For Youth
Founded in 1966, Clearwater For Youth’s mission is to help ensure “no child is turned away” from pursuing athletic initiatives due to financial concerns and to elevate youth sports in the local communities. CFY offers support to young athletes through scholarships and grants to constructive athletic programs where children from all backgrounds can play and learn together. Through a unique partnership with the City of Clearwater, CFY supports all city co-sponsored youth sports programs. CFY also supplements youth athletic organizations across northern Pinellas County. In total, over 8,000 children are served annually. CFY also provides a college scholarship program, and in 2018, awarded 14 deserving high school seniors $90,000 in college scholarships. Since 2006, CFY has awarded over $500,000 in college scholarships. To learn more about CFY, visit http://www.clearwaterforyouth.org/.